Theft Defense Lawyer St. Paul & Minneapolis
There are different levels of theft. Regardless of which level a person is charged with, the end result can be very serious, such as going to prison and paying high fines. There is also a criminal record that is established that can remain and cause issues with employment and housing. There are many issues that can come about from any time of theft conviction no matter how little was taken.
However, hope does exist within theft cases. Just because you or a loved one has been charged doesn’t mean that the case will end in conviction. In fact, there are many times theft cases are dismissed, the charges are reduced, or the defendant is acquitted of the charges. With the help of a St. Paul criminal defense attorney, the chances of the end result being a positive one increases exponentially.
Trusted Defense Against All Theft Types
There are different types of theft crimes that a person can be charged with. They include:
- Petty theft – This is the least serious of all of the theft crimes, as it involves stealing something small or a small amount of money.
- Shoplifting – This is also one of the lowest types of theft, depending on the value of the item or items stolen.
- Robbery – This offense is one of the most serious types of theft and can be made more serious if a weapon was used in the commission of the crime or if someone was injured or killed.
- Burglary – This is another of the most serious types of theft and can also be made more serious if property is damaged, a weapon is used, or if individuals are injured or killed.
- Felony theft – The amount of money or the value of the property stolen exceeds a certain value or another offense was committed at the time the theft offense was committed.
- White collar crimes – A white collar crime involves such acts as extortion, conspiracy, embezzlement, forgery, mortgage fraud, welfare fraud, tax fraud, and other financially-related crimes. While anyone can commit a white collar crime, these are common crimes that occur within businesses.
Strategically Aggressive Representation
If you have been accused of any type of theft, it is imperative to speak with your attorney as soon as possible so work can begin on your case. The sooner work begins, the stronger your case can be. Even if you did commit some form of theft, it is easy for you to be charged with the maximum charge when you may not have performed actions that constitute such. Your attorney will work diligently to ensure that you receive the fairest possible outcome in your case so you can move on with your life.
Contact A St. Paul Criminal Defense Lawyer
A theft charge can involve any of a number of crimes. Petty theft, grand theft, robbery, and other acts are constituted as theft and they are charged at varying degrees. If you or a loved one has been charged with any type of theft, you need quality legal representation to ensure that you have the best possible chance at a productive future. To learn more about your rights and options, call The Law Office of Alex DeMarco at 651-705-8829 to request a free 30 minute consultation.